Sunday
The meeting for field service was at Uncle Seetal's house today (at 8:45am, mind you!) but we hid in our room to finish packing and getting ready; besides Caesar's law says we cannot preach there. Interesting side note that usually the groups just meet in the field and they do not have a formal meeting for field service. But they have been trying to have formal meetings more now and the friends are appreciating it.
Today's public talk was a surprise: Brother Sanderson's Zone Visit talk at the India Branch. Soniya, Harpreet, and I sat in the back seat of the car with the flat screen tv behind us so we could use it to watch the recording via DVD (and I believe the chairman was Brother Syms). The attendance was 176, but the end of the month public meeting is usually larger since the Nava Shaher group meets with Phagwara then. I must admit I was happy to expect to hear some English, but I only understood a little of the talk since it was simultaneously translated into Punjabi by a Remote Translation Office brother. I was teary during the prayer since the congregation had been so warm and I knew this would probably be the last time I'd see these wonderful people in this system of things. Plus we're leaving Punjab today - and although there are many sad parts about it's environment and culture, we had a great experience here.
We took some pictures at the Kingdom Hall, said our goodbyes to Franklin, Soniya, Harpreet, and Auntie Reshem, and Uncle took us back to get our bags. On the way we stopped at a dhaba for lunch and I remembered someone wanted a picture of me drinking cha from a little cup. :)


Comments
Post a Comment