Catching up...

Sorry, all. Only now do I have wifi...anyway...
Crying babies galore on our London to Delhi flight! It was funny how the feel of our travels changed as soon as we arrived at our gate to board an India bound plane. The gate was too small to accommodate all the passengers, and when we were getting settled into our seats there were disputes left and right about who's seat was who's. 
Brandon and I ordered chicken and so did our row neighbors (who were Indian), however we received chicken in a mushroom sauce with green beans and sweet potatoes, but they got chicken curry with roti! I was happy to eat my kheer, though. :)
It was a pretty uneventful trip, except for me dreaming that I had started a Bible study, and a need for a doctor on board for a passenger.
Lastly, we didn't expect to get sprayed with a disinfectant upon arrival inside the plane. I guess UK germs aren't friendly to India...? 
We took two taxis to get to Phagwara, but talk about a crazy taxi ride! We had complete trust in our driver, but there were no rules applied with us driving straight at oncoming traffic to get around slower vehicles. Some people just come out of nowhere on their scooters just barely making it across in time!
Our timing was such that we just went straight to the Kingdom Hall and made it just in time to say "aameen". It was such a nice congregation, many coming up to say "namaste" to us and giggle at our Punjabi. There we met Pammi's family, with whom we would be staying. Mom Resham, dad Seetal, sister Soniya, and brother Franklin. Another sister named Kamlesh has been with us too. 
The congregation is about 106 publishers strong. If I remember correctly, there are five elders, two ministerial servants, and a few pioneers. But it was so nice to hear the children's strong and to-the-point comments. 
Coming home we packed five into their family car (much like being squished in our Prius :D) and arrived to a very nice home with marble flooring, two levels on the first floor, and a newly built second floor. We had chai, roti, rice, radish, aloo gobi, and chicken for dinner. While it was tasty (and spicy, which they apologized for since it was different chilis than they're used to) Brandon and I had a hard time keeping our eyes open. Needless to say, we slept well despite heavy rain, stray dogs barking, vehicles driving by and tooting their obligatory horns.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Saturday

Tuesday